Jan 4, 2010

Movie Mondays!



While Will Smith gives a fine turn in the lead, many viewers may find themselves to be disappointed by the pacing of this film that at times can seem a bit plodding - I was reminded of the Tom Hanks vehicle Castaway. Smith is the lone survivor of a self induced plague that has swept the globe. Good work is done with presenting New York City as an abandoned ghost town but, the film for all its show lacks something. This is the third adaptation of the story and viewers may be better served seeking out The Omega Man which is a classic.

I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments: